WHISKEY BOURBON BBQ CHEESEBURGER
Layer on the flavour with this booze-infused burger. Beef patties are sprinkled with brown sugar, hot sauce, and whiskey, cooked over hickory hardwood, then topped with crispy Traeger bacon, melty cheddar, and red onions.
Prep Time: 20 MINUTES
Cook Time: 45 MINUTES
225 ˚F / 107 ˚C
165 ˚F / 74 ˚C
|1 3/8 kg
|1 To Taste
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef and Traeger Rub and mix well using caution not to overwork or allow the beef to get too warm.
- Divide the ground beef in quarters and put each quarter in a 6” cake ring. Press down and form the beef into a patty.
- With a skewer, poke about 40 holes about ¾” of the way through each patty. Spread brown sugar all over the top of the patties then drizzle with hot sauce. Pour whiskey over each burger, transfer to the fridge and let sit for about a half hour.
- When ready to cook, set grill temperature to 225˚F and preheat, lid closed for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove burgers from the cake rings. When the grill is to temp, place bacon and burgers directly on the grill grate and cook until burgers internal temperature reaches 165 °F. In the last ten minutes of cooking, top with cheddar cheese to melt.
- Remove burgers and bacon from the grill and build your burger to your liking. Enjoy!